Monarch Habitat on Farms Demonstration Days
Join us for hands-on demonstrations, activities, and information about installing and managing native habitat for monarchs and other wildlife on farms. We are offering a series of field days across Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Choose the date and location that works best for you!
Field days are free! Pre-registration is requested.
- Site selection and site prep methods for native plantings
- Seed mix design, planting methods, and management
- Native plant ID and monitoring plant establishment
- Monarch biology and conservation
- Farm bill programs and funding opportunities for farmers
- Beyond monarchs: benefits of habitat to wildlife & humans
Iowa – Register: email@example.com
- Tues. June 20th 9-11am Luze Farm Corp, Dysart IA.
- Thurs. June 22nd 9am-12pm ISU Borlaug Learning Center, Nashua IA.
- Weds. Sep 20, 9am-12pm Renewable Farm, Cedar Falls IA
- Thurs. Sep 21, 4:30-6:30pm J.H. Roadman Memorial Park, Dike IA.
Minnesota – Register: http://bit.ly/2puhQfB
- Mon. May 24th, 1-4pm York Farm, Hutchinson, MN Stay after for pizza on the farm and photo show!
- Tues. July 25th, 1-4pm Uproot Farm, Princeton, MN)
- Fri. July 28th, 1-4pm Garden Farme, Ramsey, MN
- Thurs. Aug 3rd, 1-4pm Open Hands Farm, Spring Wind Farm, and Little Hill Berry Farm, Northfield, MN
Wisconsin – Register: http://bit.ly/2puhQfB
- Fri. May 19th, 2017, 1-4pm Taproot Farm, Ridgeway, WI
- Fri. Aug 18th, 1-4pm Heidel Family Dairy Farm, Adell, WI
Questions? Iowa: Ashley Kittle firstname.lastname@example.org Minnesota/Wisconsin: Sarah Foltz Jordan email@example.com
Support for this project comes from the New York Community Trust.